Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My top 3 songs of '07

So I liked a bunch of songs in the last year. Despite the evil rein of Fallout Boy, Soulja Boy, And Boys Like Girls, (Hey, the all have the word boy in them! My prophecy is being fulfilled!) music has survived well into the new milennium. Three albums really caught my attention this year, though, and i'm gonna tell you my Favorite songs from each. Here 'goes!
#3: Doomsday Clock
Album- Zeitgeist
Artist- Smashing Pumpkins
Yes! These guys brought out their new album to show us they can still rock, and it worked for me! From the 5 second drum intro to Billy Corgan's perfectly executed vocals, this epic song about the end of the world ROCKS! And the inclusion on the Transformers Soundtrack was a nice touch, next to all that Linkin Park and crap rap. Or something. I didn't actually listen to the soundtrack.
#2- Bodysnatchers
Album- In Rainbows
Artist- Radiohead
This is the song it played when i had a dream i was a hippy hanging out with the Beatles. And then robin williams showed up and started acting like a T-Rex. Really had that dream. And this song actually did play in the background. It's so psychadelictastic, you won't know which way to turn around when you're done listening to it (which won't be until after listening to it like 10 times it's that good.). From the opening guitar part that's like "Dooj doojjitty DOOJ! doojy doojitty DOOJ! doojjy doojy DOOJ!"... (k, not all things should be translated into words. Especially Guitar Riffs.) to the trademark vocal style of our lazy eyed buddy Thom Yorke, this song rocks out Old School.
And #1 is...
STRAIGHT LINES BY SILVERCHAIR FROM THEIR ROCKTASTIC NEW ALBUM YOUNG MODERN!
So it's not as heavy as those other two, but this song's just pure genius. It was hard to choose between this and the track after it, "If you keep losing sleep", but in the end the feel good song of the year won out. Plus i'm a sucker for Piano Riffs. Dan's voice has just gotten better with age. This trio has really evolved since they were angry 14 year olds from some random Austrailian town, but it's for the better.
LONG LIVE THE CHAIR!

I'm really looking forward to some of the albums coming out this coming year, such as Coldplay's yet to be named Masterpeice in the Making. Hope it's as good as I anticipate it to be.

4 comments:

I am Chree-uz. said...

Dangit, I wrote a thing and it erased. Rage against the machine.

Anyways, good reviews and list. Didn't know you liked Bodysnatchers that much, kudos to that! And Robin Williams as a T-Rex would definately highten any experience.

Long Live The Chair Indeed.
Coldplay's new one is gonna be suh-weet. Produced by Brian Eno, I think (I'm sure you probably don't know him, but that's a GOOD thing)

Albums I am looking forward to this year are: Metallica, Coldplay, Kings of Convenience, possible Sigur Ros, Oasis and I can't think of others right now. I want Sufjan to make a Utah album.

I am Dayn'll! said...

Sufjan stevens
Album: Welcome to utah, the place!

Megan said...

That Sammich looks good at the top of your page... where can i get me one of them?

I am Dayn'll! said...

Down in the Commisary!